These Silent Night™ Mask Liners, are proving to be a welcome relief for many mask users due to the following:-
- Mask leaks.
- Facial marks.
- Soreness from where the mask cushions seal and for people who prefer the feel of a soft fabric against their face, rather than the silicone or gel cushions.
- Rare allergies from the mask cushions to act as a barrier between the skin and mask.
- People who tend to dribble or sweat as the mask liners soaks up water and wicks it away from the skin.
These liners have several benefits and have been trialled with complete success in that which Silent Night™ claim! Kath Hope, CEO of Hope2Sleep and many of our customers have used both home made liners and bought other branded liners, and in most cases have found these Silent Night™ Liners far superior - as well as the fact that they stick to the mask which means they stay in place well and are easier to apply. With careful removal of the liner, the Quick Stick™ tabs work well when re-applied to the mask or even placed on a different mask requiring the same size.
The length of time each liner lasts will vary from person to person, and will also depend on how clean the face is before bed and how oily the skin is, but the manufacturer states that each liner can be used up to 8 nights with success. However, many of our customers are finding one liner last at least 10 nights with several stating a lot longer! Whilst the manufacturer does not recommend washing the liners, if people choose to handwash them, the antibacterial and antimicrobial properties will be retained, although the adhesion ability of the sticky tabs may be reduced.
As well as the liners acting as a barrier between the mask cushions and the face, a real benefit is that there should be less need to tighten the mask headgear, which in itself is often the cause of face marks, nasal bridge sores and even bruising on occasions!
Below is a genuine 'Before and After' image sent by one of our valued customers, with permission to share in order to help others who struggle like she did before finding these Silent Night™ Liners:-
Silent Night™ says:-
- Micro Pillow™ Fabric Technology - The Micro Pillows™ act as a series of baffles to significantly reduce air leaks.
- Soft and cushioned.
- Easy to handle fabric resists curling and forms nicely around the mask.
- Anti-Bacterial: Healthy, clean and safe.
- Reduces nose bridge sores.
- Keeps mask cleaner and reduces mask cleaning time.
- Secure the liner to your CPAP mask using repositionable Quick Stick™ tabs.
- Adjust the positioning of the liner by simply removing and reapplying the Quick Stick™ tabs.
- Remove the liner for mask washing and re-attach for use.
- Moisture within the mask is wicked away by the liner.
- Unsightly and irritating facial pressure marks are greatly reduced or eliminated.
The Silent Night Mask Liners are available in 2 options:-
- A pack of 4 Mask Liners which should last between 4-6 weeks and possibly longer.....
- One Single Mask Liner Sample which should last between 8-10 nights but probably longer.....
Please carefully read the following advice to select the size you need for your mask, and if you are unsure please contact us for advice where we will do our best to help. Also bear in mind that due to the amount of different masks on the market it has not yet been possible to test the liners with every mask.
Nasal Mask Users
The Nasal Liners come in just 'one-size-fits-most masks' but they are NOT compatible with the Nasal Pillows Masks (which are inserted into the nostrils).
The liners will fit most Nasal Masks, but they are NOT recommended for the Petite-sized Philips Respironics Wisp Cushion, which is simply too small, but all other sizes of the Wisp work well.
Full instructions in fitting the liners are included in the packs, but to help with fitting the liner to the Respironics' Wisp Mask the manufacturer has provided an image to help:-
Philips Respironics' Wisp Mask Instructions Instructions
Extra Tip for fitting the Resmed Swift FX Nano Nasal Mask:- Attach lower sticky tabs then wrap upper tabs around and attach to the fabric of lower tabs.
Full Face Mask Users
The Full Face Mask Liners comes in 3 sizes - Small, Medium + Large.
For Full Face Mask Users the general rule is to choose the same size liner as your mask, and this certainly applies to Resmed masks. However, some masks have a larger area of exposed soft silicone, therefore, for those listed below it would be better to order a size Large even if your mask isn't this size:-
- Philips Respironics' ComfortGel.
- Philips Respironics' ComfortFull 2.
- Fisher & Paykel Forma.
(More masks will be added to the above list if this issue comes up with other masks).
Philips Respironics' Amara View Mask Liners (one-size-fits-all) and FitLife Mask Liners (Small or XL) are a specific liners for use with these masks only:-
Full instructions in fitting the liners are included in the packs, but to help with fitting the liner to the Resmed Airfit F10 Mask the manufacturer has provided an image to help:-
Resmed AirFit F10 Mask Fitting Tips