SoClean, the world's first automated CPAP Cleaner and Sanitiser is now here in the UK, giving an opportunity to have the same disinfecting and sanitising process currently used in hospitals in our homes.
SoClean kills 99.9% of germs and bacteria in the mask, hose and humidifier tank with no disassembly, no water and no chemicals. Thereby resulting in a safer, healthier way to breathe cleaner air.
The SoClean uses activated oxygen to eliminate any mould, bacteria, and viruses that may be lingering in the CPAP system, and is the same process used in hospital sanitising, water purification, hotel housekeeping and produce handling. To see a demonstration of how it works, see the video below:-
Hope2Sleep have trialled the SoClean on Respironics, Resmed + Devilbiss machines and so found it certainly appears to be doing its job well, in that the air in the machine feels much fresher than with regular sanitising. In fact all our trustees who use CPAP or Ventilation actually now own a SoClean themselves. It is easy to operate after the initial setup, and can be left connected for easy frequent use. We cleaned the facial oils off the mask as usual with the CPAP Wipes after putting into the SoClean, but this is personal choice, and apparently doesn't matter which way around it is done, according to the manufacturer, but it is better for the mask to be completely dry before placing into the SoClean.
The reviews are very positive, and especially for people with sinus issues and who are prone to viral infections, nasal stuffiness and allergies.
Some of the Important Questions relating to the use of the SoClean are below, and there are more on the manufacturer's website:-
- Will the SoClean work with my heated hose? Yes, but you will need an adapter.
- What size mask fits the SoClean? The chamber has a 5” X 5” opening and is 7” deep. Any mask under that size will fit. The Respironics' FitLife Total Face Mask WILL NOT FIT inside the SoClean 2 Machine.
- Does the SoClean get rid of facial oils from my mask? The SoClean will inhibit facial oil build-up, but it WILL NOT remove the oils. (Hence the fact that CPAP Wipes or other cleaning method will still be needed). Although the SoClean will sanitise and kill any viruses, bacteria or fungi on your mask some inert residue can be left behind.
- What if I do not use a humidifier - can I still use SoClean? Yes the SoClean works with a humidifier or without out one. If you do not use a humidifier then the SoClean will sanitise the hose, mask, and headgear.
- Are there any studies proving that the SoClean works? Yes - read more here: SoClean Lab Results
- When and why do I need the prewash (that comes with the machine)? The pre-wash is intended to use prior to the first use of your SoClean or when introducing new equipment to your CPAP system; to wash your mask, hose and reservoir. The pre-wash is a fragrance-free hypoallergenic cleaning solution. The pre-wash neutralizes any pre-existing odors from detergents, and removes any residue from the manufacturing process.
- Do I need to replace any SoClean parts? Yes. Once every 6 months or so (depending on run times), the check valve and the filter need to be replaced. These items are sold together in a kit; the machine is programmed to tell you when these are needed.
- Sleek design and tiny footprint of just 11 inches x 11 inches
- LCD display
- Indicator lights throughout the cycle
- Left or right hose insertion option
- Easy filter cartridge system
- 1 Year Warranty and 30 day money back guarantee for extra peace of mind!
The SoClean Machine is supplied with a UK plug and contains a cartridge which requires replacing approximately every 6 months, depending on usage. The machine give a warning when this is necessary. There is a small starter bottle of the SoClean Neutralising Solution as all equipment used for the first time in the SoClean MUST be pre-washed with this special solution. (The solution itself is a marvellous product for cleaning the masks, even for people who don't use the SoClean Machine).
Most machines are compatible with the SoClean, but if you want to check then please refer to the manufacturer's website on this link https://www.soclean.com/support/soclean-support/soclean-compatibility/
If your CPAP or BiPAP machine DOES NOT have an attached heated humidifier then you DO NOT need to purchase an additional adapter unless you are using a Fisher & Paykel machine.
When placing your order we have added the most common machines as to whether an adapter is necessary, but the following should help too.
Philips Respironics' Machines:-
Only the new travel-sized DreamStation Go needs an adapter regardless of whether a humidifier is used. All other Respironics' machines WITHOUT a humidifier, do not need an additional adapter.
An additional adapter is needed for the Respironics' machines when used with a humidifer and an unheated hose, or a different adapter when used with a humidifier and a heated hose (the relevant options are available in the shopping baskets when purchasing a SoClean machine or just an adapter).
Drive Devilbiss Machines:-
No additional adapters are needed with any of these machines.
Only the new travel-sized Air Mini needs an adapter regardless of whether a humidifier or heated hose is used. All other Resmed machines WITHOUT a humidifier, do not need an additional adapter.
An additional adapter is needed for the Resmed machines when used with a humidifer and an unheated hose, or a different adapter when used with a humidifier and a heated climateline hose (the relevant options are available in the shopping baskets when purchasing a SoClean machine or just an adapter).
Fisher & Paykel Machines:-
All Fisher & Paykel machines will require the appropriate adapter, whether or not a humidier is used.
For any machines not listed above and you need help, please contact us and tell us which machine you are using, whether you have a humidifier and if you are using a heated hose.