This newest addition to the Wisp Family truly deserves its' own featured page in our shop, and we are delighted for the children that Philips Respironics have taken this Wisp Paediatric Nasal Mask a step further, by providing an opportunity for the children to build a friendly relationship with their 'Jacky Giraffe' mask, and as well as relying on 'Jacky Giraffe' to provide them with the safe sleep and comfort they deserve, during their waking hours they can also watch the 'Jacky Giraffe and Friends' animated cartoon adventures.
We hope that Philips Respironics will add more masks to this range, and perhaps other manufacturers will do similar, as anything to encourage the children to wear the masks is good. In fact we've already had adults asking if there are plans to extend this range for them!
There is also a very informative Parent/Carer Guide which you can download by CLICKING HERE.
The Paediatric Wisp is for babies/children weighing a minimum of 22 lbs, and it's difficult to assess an upper age limit, but would probably be suitable up to around 7 years old. For children older than this there is the Youth Wisp Mask available.
Philips Respironics say.....
Minimal Contact - MAXIMUM Comfort:-
Get the comfort and performance of the Wisp minimal contact nasal mask— designed specifically for children.
Over the years, adult masks have become smaller, lighter, and less intrusive, whilst paediatric masks have largely remained the bulky masks of the past.
This Wisp paediatric applies a child-friendly fabric pattern, a modifed cushion curvature, and family support tools to provide a positive experience for your smallest patients. Now, with the availability of Wisp pediatric, Wisp youth, and Wisp minimal contact nasal masks, the Wisp platform serves infants to adults, providing continuity and consistency in their therapy experience.
Unique Design for Unique Patient Needs:-
- The cushion, frame, and headgear are designed to fit the specific sizing and bone structure of paediatric patients.
- The three cushion sizes are designed specifically for young children.
- A Leak Correction Dial lets parents adjust the mask without removing it or waking the child. (Turn it to the right or left if leaks occur while the child is sleeping to readjust the fit of the cushion on the face. This widens the angle of the front of the frame, gently nudging the cushion closer to the face).
- An open line of sight allows children to comfortably wear the mask during their normal daily activities.
- Rotating Elbow for freedom of movement - featuring a quick release design.
- Cushion Design, features auto-seal groove technology - delivering minimal contact and a snug seal.
- Click-fit Headgear Clips with Adjustable Straps, providing quick and easy fitting and adjustment.
- There is a loop on the giraffe-patterned tube, giving the option to angle the tube over the head and away from the front of the body (see the fitting video below).
The Paediatric Wisp comes as a Fit Pack which includes:-
- All 3 sizes of Nasal Cushions - Small Child, Medium Child + Large Child
- Giraffe-design Fabric Frame
- Giraffe-design Fabric Headgear
- Small Slim Tubing (which connects to the CPAP or ventilator's main hose).
- Giraffe-design Fabric Hose Cover with loop to wear the small tubing over the head if required.