The Amara Gel is a popular traditional styled full face mask by Philips Respironics and since its original release they have enhanced the mask with the addition of the following:-
- Replaced the original Silicone version with the more popular Gel Cushion.
- Introduced the Reduced Size Frame on all four sizes to help minimise pressure at the nasal bridge and improve seal at the chin.
- Added a new 10-point Fine Glider Adjuster with an extra 2 positions, ensuring it can now deliver an additional 25% of adjustment, providing more flexibility for the right fit.
- Now supplied in a colour printed bag made of 100% recyclable materials for improve sustainability.
Hope2Sleep's observations from personal experience are:-
- Lightweight, compared to a lot of other full face masks.
- Very easy to adjust the angle of the mask with the button forehead adjuster - you simply press the button and push or pull.
- Since the release of the newer gel mask cushion version the Amara experience is even better (and most other people find this to be the case).
- Comfortable headgear.
- Due to the fact that the cushion is extended from the actual mask frame (see pictures) when moving in bed the cushion swivels with your face, thus preventing the frame digging in and helping minimise leaks too.
- Very easy to assemble and disassemble resulting in it being easy to clean.
The Amara Gel Full Face Mask is available in four sizes and offers a dual wall design which provides a comfortable, stable seal.
The Gel Cushion features the comfort and contoured fit for which gel is known. The outer gel flap conforms to the user's face while the thicker inner wall molds to the face to support and stabilize the seal.
All size cushions are compatible with the Amara frame and headgear.
The cushion snaps on and off the frame easily for cleaning and changing cushions.
The mask variations are offered as follows :-
- Petite (petite cushion + reduced size headgear)
- Small (small cushion + reduced size headgear)
- Medium (medium cushion + standard headgear)
- Large (large cushion, + standard headgear)
Spare or Replacement Mask Cushions can be purchased separately, and it is crucial to get the correct size for this mask. The cushions are generous in sizing, so please don't guess your size. (If you are deciding between 2 sizes it is better to go smaller with this mask).
Philips Respironics say:-
Amara's innovative, modular design is lighter, smaller, and has significantly fewer parts than leading traditional full-face masks. In fact, it requires just a single click to disassemble and reassemble the cushion and the mask frame for quick cleaning and replacement.
Philips Respironics have redefined the full-face mask, making it easy to fit and easy to live with - plus it is designed and built to the exacting standards you would expect from Philips.
We’ve raised our standard when it comes to performance, appeal, and simplicity...
As our best sealing and most comfortable traditional full-face mask yet, Amara is designed to enhance your quality of sleep. Customise and fine-tune the seal of your mask using the fine-glide forehead adjuster.
Amara was designed with you in mind. As the smallest leading traditional full-face mask on the market, it is less likely to get in the way of a good nights sleep. Less intimidating design.
Amara’s one-click cushion attachment gives you confidence that the mask is correctly assembled. With only four parts, assembly and cleaning are quick and easy so that you can spend more time doing the things you love.
One-click cushion assembly - A cushion design that reduces pressure points.
Fine-glide forehead adjuster - 10 selectable positions for fine-tuning seal and fit.
Lightweight minimal footprint frame - Smaller and lighter than any other leading traditional full-face mask on the market.
Quick-fit headgear clips - Reduces the need for continual headgear adjustment. 360° rotating elbow.
Quiet-exhalation micro ports with quick release swivel.
Four-part modular design - Modular design for quick assembly and cleaning, with interchangeable cushions available in four sizes.
Download PDF Sizing Gauges