These ATOM Portable Battery Packs are a great option for people reliant on CPAP and non-invasive ventilators when camping, fishing and going off-grid, and are also handy to keep on standby for times when power cuts may strike, as it's just a matter of swapping the plug from the house mains into the charged ATOM, should the mains power go off.
The torch on the ATOM can be useful for campers or when fishing during the night - plus any night time visits to the bathroom! It is also easy to see on the panel how much battery usage is left.
We have chosen to supply this 78,000mAh version of the ATOM as they are powerful and very easy to both charge and use, by simply plugging in the CPAP or ventilator's own plug directly into the ATOM's built-in socket. There is also the option to run the CPAP or ventilator via a compatible DC cable, and we expect usage hours to be higher this way. Our testing will reveal this which is ongoing.
They ATOM batteries can be charged via mains supply, car or the optional solar panels (sold separately) and they also have the option to charge other devices, such as mobiles, laptops, radios and many other electrical appliances.
Diagram of ATOM's Features
A protective carry bag is included, along with a USB cable charger, car charger and mains cable with UK 3-pin plug, so the only extra that would be needed, if desired, are the compatible 60W solar panels (available separately
Views of Both ATOM Side Panels
We will be conducting more testing and adding these to the table below of how long a fully charged ATOM will provide power to CPAP and ventilators as more people use them. The usage hours will very much depend upon different CPAP and ventilator pressures, age of therapy machine, whether humidifiers are used and altitude location etc. Obviously, the higher the pressure and use of humidifiers will use up more of the battery power.
Examples of Usage Hours with Fully Charged ATOM via AC Power with 3-pin Plug
|Machine ||Pressures ||Humidifier ||Hours Used ||Remaining Battery |
|Respironics DreamStation APAP ||90% at 8 cm ||Yes ||7.5 ||31% |
|Respironics System One APAP ||90% at 8 cm ||No ||7.2 ||33% |
|Respironics System One APAP ||90% at 8 cm ||Yes ||6.0 ||4% |
|Resmed VPAP ST ||IPAP 25 EPAP 14 || Yes and Heated Tube ||7.0 ||5% |
|Resmed VPAP ST ||IPAP 25 EPAP 14 ||No ||7.0 ||18% |
|Respironics DreamStation Go ||90% at 8.5 cm ||No ||9.0 ||50% |
|Devilbiss Blue APAP ||90% at 12 cm ||No ||7.0 ||34% |
More to be added as results come in, along with usage hours via DC cable.....
For people wishing to go without their humidification to extend the run times and save on charged power, the Xylimelts we stock are a good option for many people to help prevent a dry mouth.
The Powapacs ATOM Battery Pack is a unique lightweight, powerful, silent, fumeless and smart solar generator. With the option of solar panels (sold separately) it can use clean, green energy from the sun to recharge its lithium battery.
ATOM is light to carry, so that electronic equipment can always be available, even if there is no grid power.
ATOM quickly recharges from a mains supply in approximately 4/5 hours or from the sun in approximately 8/11 hours using the optional 60w Solar Panel.
Uses: ATOM can be adapted to many different outdoor uses or activities. With the huge 78,000mAh size power cells, the ATOM can be used in most situations and is ideal for home use in the event of power cuts, camping, fishing, when on the move or in times of emergencies.
Compatability: ATOM contains 4 fast charge USB ports, 1 x AC outlet and 1 x 12v cigarette type outlet, and is compatible with CPAP, non-invasive ventilators, medical equipment, electronic devices including mobile devices (Apple, Samsung, Google, Android), Laptops (Apple, Dell, Toshiba, Asus, HP), photographic equipment, search & rescue equipment, lights, television, stereos, iPhone, iPad, CPAP machines, printers, flat screen TVs, PS4, Xbox One, Wii U and drones etc.
Intelligent: ATOM is equipped with an easy read User Information Display (UID). The digital display indicates current battery level and usage information including outlet's selected and power consumption.
Ergonomic: ATOM was designed for maximum portability with a stylish comfortable handle allowing it to be transported and used with ease. It also has an integrated LED torch which is operated by a small button on the handle.
Portability: Take power wherever you need it with the ATOM. It's compact size, universal compatibility, high capacity internal fuel cell and eco-friendly solar recharge capability (sold separately) means you can enjoy, charge and provide power to your products anywhere when away from mains power.
Quick Charge/High Capacity: ATOM has a quick charge high capacity design that quickly recharges and powers electronic devices. Atom's 78,000 mAh capacity is built using 30 x 2.600 mAh Panasonic battery cells.
There are three ways to charge the ATOM:-
- Mains Power via 3-pin UK plug (supplied).
- 12-24V Car Adapter (supplied).
- Optional Powapacs 60w Solar Panels (sold separately).
- DC and AC outputs.
- 78,000mAh 312Wh. 26Ah @12v
- High efficiency silent, pure sine wave inverter, 150W constant 200W peak power rating.
- 1 x 230v 50Hz AC output.
- 1 x DC 12V/10A output.
- 4 x 5v 3.1 amp USB outputs (Auto power detection).
- 1 x charging port via solar and mains DC charging.
- Battery Management System to provide protection against overload, over-voltage, short circuit, over-temperature and low voltage.
- Battery - High discharging rated 18650 lithium battery.
- Capacities - 78,000mAh 312Wh.
- Digital User Information Display.
- Integrated LED torch
- Charging current - 4A.
- Mains charging time - 15V 4A approx 6 hours.
- Solar charging time - 8 -11 hours using high output 60W Sunpower Solar Panel in optimal light conditions and at 45 degrees placement.
- Weight 2.1kg.
- Dimensions 24 x16.5 x 6.5 cm (9.5 x 6.5 x 2.6 inches).
- ATOM Battery/Generator
- Carry Case for ATOM
- Mains Wall Charger with UK 3-pin Plug
- 12 or 24 volts ATOM Car Charger
- 2 m Micro USB/Lightning Data Sync Charger Cable
IMPORTANT NOTES AND TIPS
- The ATOM is ideal for camping, fishing, venturing off-grid and for use during power cuts. It is NOT approved for taking on-board flights.
- It is highly recommended to keep your vehicle running whilst charging the ATOM via the car charger cable.
- Reminder, that despite newer CPAP and ventilators running quieter these days, using a battery to power them will always be slightly noisier.
- If sleeping next to the ATOM you may wish to angle the LCD panel showing battery level away from you or cover it safely so the light doesn't interrupt your sleep.
Helpful Atom Review by a Fisherman